In 1909 Victor L Van Gemert started what is know today as Van Gemert Memorials in West De Pere. Victor was a brick layer by trade, so he knew how to work with marble, granite and with his hands. He hand tooled every monument that went out of the doors of Van Gemert Memorials.
After some years Victor's four sons joined him in the family business: Clement F, Alton C, Arnold R, and James V. They ran the business out of many small buildings in West De Pere, the last one being on 300 Main Street. In 1952 the company moved to it's current location at 3742 Riverside Drive. About 20 years after opening the new location, Clement, Alton and Arnold retired and the youngest brother James bought out his brothers.
In 1989 Thomas J Van Gemert, James's oldest son, bought the business from his father and became the third generation Van Gemert to own the company. Tom started when he was a young boy in the shop sweeping, cleaning, cutting, carving, hand tooling and setting monuments in the cemetery.
Throughout the history of Van Gemert Memorials our goal has always remained the same; to provide superior service and high quality products for the communities of Northeast Wisconsin.